Wednesday, February 25, 2009

a new day

Psalm 56, Proverbs 25

As I walked from the bus stop through the cool stillness of the morning to my office, and as I type this blog on my new computer this morning, I am reminded of the Lord's faithfulness and blessing.  He is so good, and His mercy endures forever.  As I meditate on Psalm 56 this morning, I am reminded that the Lord is just, and He is not capricious with our sorrow; in fact, He has a good purpose:

8 You keep track of all my sorrows.
      You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
      You have recorded each one in your book.

More than that, we have hope in the Everlasting God: hope of His rescue, redemption, and defence:

9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
      This I know: God is on my side!
 10 I praise God for what he has promised;
      Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
 11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
      What can mere mortals do to me?

Yet even more, we see that He cares for us to know Him, to love Him, and to walk with Him - and He sustains us in relationship with Him.  We see that He gives us Himself. Through the person and work of Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit, He gives us His LIFE and LIGHT:

12 I will fulfill my vows to you, O God,
      and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help.
13 For you have rescued me from death;
      you have kept my feet from slipping.
   So now I can walk in your presence, O God,
      in your life-giving light.

Oh, that we may commune with Christ and glory in the Light of His Loving Life!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for rescuing me from death!  Thank you for redeeming me to be a son of the Living God!  Thank you for the gift of Life!  Thank you for giving us yourself!  Lord, may we walk with you today, and may the joy of our salvation be expressed to those around us.  Lord, please grow your life in us, and may we walk in the light as you are in the light.  Hallelujah! Praise Jesus!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment