Thursday, February 26, 2009

hope

Psalm 57, Proverbs 26

This weekend, my wife and I are teaching small groups at my biological/spiritual Brother's church in west Texas.  The three lessons that we will teach are faith, hope, and love.  I think I have a handle on faith and love, but I've really been growing in understanding as I study for the hope lesson.  "Serendipitously", King David efficiently communicates hope in the Psalm that I read this morning:

 1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy!
      I look to you for protection.
   I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings
      until the danger passes by.
 2 I cry out to God Most High,
      to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.
 3 He will send help from heaven to rescue me,
      disgracing those who hound me.

Hope is living your life in yearning and constant expectation of the the destruction of sin and death, the completion of our sanctification, the final transformation into glorification, and the universal realization of the eternal lordship of Christ Jesus.  Of course, we who Believe are great beneficiaries of His grace, to not only be permitted to reside with Him, but to be invited to commune with Him.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, you are the Most Holy God.  I praise you for your greatness, and I trust that you will accomplish all of your purposes.  You are so kind to include me in the goodness of your love.  Lord, please help me grow in hope.  I pray that I will glorify you as I live a faithful, hopeful, loving life.  Jesus Christ, I long for your return, and I am waiting to see your face.  I love you, and it is in your precious and holy name that I pray.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment