Monday, February 2, 2009

humility before the Creator

Psalm 33, Proverbs 2

 4 For the word of the Lord holds true,
      and we can trust everything he does. ...
 6 The Lord merely spoke,
      and the heavens were created.
   He breathed the word,
      and all the stars were born.
 7 He assigned the sea its boundaries
      and locked the oceans in vast reservoirs.
 8 Let the whole world fear the Lord,
      and let everyone stand in awe of him.
 9 For when he spoke, the world began!
      It appeared at his command.

I am such a proud and arrogant man.  I act like I know everything, and I treat people as inferiors.  I am ashamed.  If only I could get a little glimpse of God - not so much that it would kill me, but enough to kill the pride within me!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please forgive me for the way I behave.  Lord, you are the Creator, and I should fear you.  Please teach me to fear you and walk in your ways.  Lord, I love you, and I want to know who you are so that I can properly understand who I am.  Lord, please kill this heinous disease in me by revealing yourself to me and filling me with your life!  Lead me to the place where I can stand in awe of you and praise you.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment