Monday, June 8, 2009

hearing and knowing Him

Psalm 138, Proverbs 8

We went to a baby shower for Brandi's cousin on Saturday, and I got to visit with Brandi's Uncle David.  He is a godly man, and the Lord has blessed him with the gift of prophecy.  It was such an encouraging conversation.  So many times I visit with Christians who are so focused on doctrine, and you can tell that they are consumed by religion.  Uncle David clearly has a close walk with the Lord and hears His voice frequently, and instead of religion, Uncle David is focused on knowing the Lord and doing His will.  He encouraged me to continue seeking the Lord by reading the Word daily with a heart to hear His voice and praying to Him desperately.

 1 Listen as Wisdom calls out!
      Hear as understanding raises her voice! ...
 6 Listen to me! For I have important things to tell you. ...
 17 "I love all who love me.
      Those who search will surely find me. ...
 34 Joyful are those who listen to me,
      watching for me daily at my gates,
      waiting for me outside my home!
 35 For whoever finds me finds life
      and receives favor from the Lord.

Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are so good.  Lord, I am seeking you, and you have promised to reveal yourself to me!  Please speak to me!  Lord God, I need to hear your voice, because I can't live on bread, but I can live on every Word that comes from your mouth.  Lord, please give me brokenness for my spiritual poverty, and the poverty of my people.  Lord, please supply yourself to us.  We need your live.  May we be empowered by your Holy Spirit to do your will.   I ask you this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment