Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"random" encouragement

Proverbs 23

I was impressed with these verses this morning, both for me and my son:

 19 My child, listen and be wise:
      Keep your heart on the right course. ...
 26 O my son, give me your heart.
      May your eyes take delight in following my ways.

After a good prayer time at prayer breakfast this morning, I caught the bus and took the first empty seat.  I was reading my Bible, and the guy sitting next to me asked me where I go to church.  We visited for a few minutes, and I asked him about his experience with the Lord.  He shared about how he was raised going to church but fell away in high school and college.  But at the end of college, as he was experiencing difficulty in relationships and some depression, the Lord guided him to a Bible study where He experienced the grace of God through some genuine Christians.  Praise the Lord!  It is so encouraging to hear about others experiencing the Lord's grace and about Christians showing the love of Christ.

Heavenly Father, I pray that you will keep my heart and my eyes set on you.  Lord, please protect my mind and my emotions from being drawn to the things of this world.  Instead, Lord let me see your beauty and majesty so that I will be drawn to you.  Lord, thank you for the encouraging conversation with Ricky on the bus.  Please use me to show your grace and to encourage others.  I praise you Lord, and I trust that you are in control.  Please empower me with your Holy Spirit to live in a way that honors you today.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment