Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm so shallow

Psalm 147, Proverbs 17

Last night I went to work out with Brandi for the first time in a couple of weeks.  I didn't exercise very long, but after the workout my arms and chest were noticeably swollen, and I was feeling pretty buff.

 10 He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse
      or in human might.
 11 No, the Lord's delight is in those who fear him,
      those who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for my vanity and conceit.  Lord, please forgive me for being so proud; I can feel it inside me like a cancer.  Lord, please cure me of my selfish pride with the humility of Christ.  May I die to myself daily and experience the resurrection of Christ inside me.  May I be empowered by the Holy Spirit to be a witness for Christ today.  Lord, please cover me in your grace and mercy.  I am nothing without you.  Thank you for involving me in your good work.  May your eternal love shine through my life today.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment