Tuesday, June 9, 2009

His faithfulness to me

Psalm 139, Proverbs 9

As I read these verses, I am amazed at His faithfulness to me, in spite of my rebellion and complacency toward Him:

 13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
      and knit me together in my mother's womb.
 14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
      Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
 15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
      as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
 16 You saw me before I was born.
      Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
   Every moment was laid out
      before a single day had passed.

Of course, I am awed as He tenderly and carefully molds my son in Brandi's womb.  How can people not see what an incredible treasure unborn children are?  This is why abortion is especially haneous - not only is it murder, not only is it killing someone made in the image of God, it is destroying His most intimate creation.

As I consider His faithfulness toward me, I am ashamed of my unfaithfulness toward Him, and I echo the Psalmist's plea:

 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
      test me and know my anxious thoughts.
 24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
      and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Heavenly Father, thank you for molding me - body, soul, and spirit - into the person I am, and please help me see my value in you.  Thank you for molding my son; I trust your handiwork.  Please forgive me for not seeking you, and please help me repent of the things that grieve you.  Lord, please deliver me from my proud and selfish flesh, and help me walk with you in humility.  Lord, I want to be close to you.  I need you.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment