Thursday, June 25, 2009

refiner's fire

Proverbs 25

 4 Remove the impurities from silver,
      and the sterling will be ready for the silversmith. ...
 26 If the godly give in to the wicked,
      it's like polluting a fountain or muddying a spring.

The Father's goal is for us to be purified and molded into the image of His Son Jesus.  Each and every day, the Holy Spirit wants us to cooperate with Him so that we may be sanctified a little more.

2 Cor. 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

God cares about purity.  Recently, I've been convicted about what I say.  "For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks."  It is an indicator of the purity of my heart.  Fortunately, the Lord delivered me from using foul language when I was in elementary school (thanks to godly parents who used spankings effectively).  What I've been convicted of is all of the idle words that I speak, and the pessimism that is too often found there.  My speech needs to be seasoned with salt.

Of course, speech is not the only dross in this silver.  Pride is such a stealth cancer, you know.  It's like invisible dross.

Heavenly Father, please cleans me and make me useful to you.  Lord, make me clean!  Father, please purify my heart so that you are always on my lips and my speech is seasoned with salt.  Lord, please deliver me from pride and materialism so that I may humbly seek you.  Dear God, I am so far from you.  Please rescue me from my wicked self, for your glory and praise.  May others see your goodness and love as you kindly save me from destruction.  May your grace and mercy be preached among the nations.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the silver mold.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment