Monday, June 22, 2009

prayer

Proverbs 22

This Sunday we studied Acts 1:12-26, and I was especially convicted by verse 14:

14 They all met together and were constantly united in prayer ...

Tragically, I think the reason we don't see the Lord move in mighty ways among us is because we don't unite together constantly in prayer.  I started reading Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala, and I am further challenged that we need regular corporate prayer in our small group.

Heavenly Father, please make us a people of prayer.  May we be connected to you constantly; as frequently as we breath physically, may we inhale you spiritually.  Lord God, I pray that I will serve you today and that you will accomplish your will in me today.  I am yours; please delight in me and use me as you will.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment