Wednesday, June 10, 2009

diligence

Psalm 140, Proverbs 10

This verse was challenging to me this morning:

 5 A wise youth harvests in the summer,
      but one who sleeps during harvest is a disgrace.

I need to run lots of experiments this summer and "harvest" a lot of data for my dissertation.  I need to work diligently.  But at the same time, I can't be so focused on my work that I miss the golden opportunities to minister to my colleagues and share the Gospel with them.

Heavenly Father, thank you for you grace and protection.  Lord, I pray that you will give me a balance in the time I devote to "work" and "ministry" recognizing that I should see all of my time as serving you.  Lord God, please use me for your glory.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment