Friday, June 19, 2009

the delight of worship

Psalm 149, Proverbs 19

 3 Praise his name with dancing,
      accompanied by tambourine and harp.
 4 For the Lord delights in his people;
      he crowns the humble with victory.

He deserves for us to worship Him totally; shouldn't we worship Him with the most extravagant expressions.  Why is my heart so apathetic?  Why am I not constantly bursting at the seams in worship?

Heavenly Father, you are so kind to me, and your love is amazing.  Lord, please forgive me for my apathy, and please fill me with the joy of your salvation.  Lord, I pray that I will love you and worship you extravagantly and that you will delight in my genuine worship.  Lord, please give me humility and victory through Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment