Thursday, June 11, 2009

kindness

Psalm 141, Proverbs 11

 17 Your kindness will reward you,
      but your cruelty will destroy you. ...
 25 The generous will prosper;
      those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

I need to grow in kindness. I need to move beyond operating with cordiality to living with intentional kindness.  Other people should be able to see a distinct element within me - the αγαπη love of God.

Heavenly Father, please fill me with your love.  I have experienced your love through Christ, and I pray that you will pour your love through me by your Holy Spirit so that others may enjoy your love as well.  Lord, please help me set my mind on the spirit so that I will be thinking of how I can bless others instead of how I can gratify my flesh.  Lord, please save me from my self, and cause me to be a blessing to you and others.  I love you, Lord.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment