Tuesday, June 2, 2009

temple

Psalm 132, Proverbs 2

 2 He made a solemn promise to the Lord.
      He vowed to the Mighty One of Israel,
 3 "I will not go home;
      I will not let myself rest.
 4 I will not let my eyes sleep
      nor close my eyelids in slumber
 5 until I find a place to build a house for the Lord,
      a sanctuary for the Mighty One of Israel." ...
 7 Let us go to the sanctuary of the Lord;
      let us worship at the footstool of his throne.
 8 Arise, O Lord, and enter your resting place,
      along with the Ark, the symbol of your power.
 9 May your priests be clothed in godliness;
      may your loyal servants sing for joy.

As I read these verses from Psalms this morning, I was reminded of 1 Corinthians 6:

19 Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

I was challenged by these questions: "Am I actively working like King David did, to build a temple for the Lord?" and "Do I live in such a way that the Lord is pleased to dwell within me?"

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for being lazy about taking care of this temple for you.  Thank you for reminding me that you desire me to be holy as you are holy because you desire close fellowship.  Father, please make me a holy man; continue to sanctify me.  Lord, I want to honor you with my whole person - heart, mind, soul, and strength.  I love you, Lord.  Thank you for adopting me and making me a Brother of Christ.  May I be clothed in godliness, and may I sing for joy because of the work of Christ.  I pray in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment