Friday, February 16, 2007

God's Sovereignty

Proverbs 16
There are several verses in this chapter that speak directly to the total sovereignty of God, which I find extremely comforting:

1 We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer.
...3 Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.
4 The Lord has made everything for his own purposes, even the wicked for a day of
disaster.
...9 We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.
...33 We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall.

John 10
Jesus is the good shepherd and the true Son of God:
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”
...36 why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world. 37 Don’t believe me unless I carry out my Father’s work. 38 But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”

Prayer
Lord Jesus, thank you for being the Good Shepherd and knowing your sheep. Thank you for leading me along the path of righteousness according to your perfect Will for my life. Jesus, thank you for providing me access to the Father. Thank you for the comfort I receive from trusting that you are in control of everything. I praise you for your sovereignty. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment