Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Messianic Misconceptions

John 7
I am fascinated with the Pharisees and other religious leaders who claimed to know God (and the Scriptures) yet missed THE MESSIAH. I guess something that hindered their understanding was a collection of general misconceptions about Who the Christ is and what His purpose is. Even though they knew He would be born in Bethlehem of the line of David (John 7:40-43), they were real knuckleheads about this one (John 7:25-27):
25At that point some of the people of Jerusalem began to ask, "Isn't this the
man they are trying to kill? 26Here he is, speaking publicly, and they are not
saying a word to him. Have the authorities really concluded that he is the
Christ?
27But we know where this man is from; when the Christ comes, no one will know
where he is from."

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing to me the identity of your Son, Jesus the Christ. Lord, please remove all my misconceptions of Who you Are and what your Plan is. Please give me the Truth, for then I shall be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment