Saturday, February 10, 2007

Know Fear

Proverbs 10
Recently, one of my Brothers was explaining how there are basically two types of fear: a proper fear of the Lord because of Who He Is, and a crippling fear associated with selfish perspective which Satan uses to control us. Proverbs 10:27 and 24 illustrate these two cases, respectively:

27 Fear of the Lord lengthens one’s life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.
24 The fears of the wicked will be fulfilled; the hopes of the godly will be granted.

John 5
There were two short paragraphs that caught my attention and are self-explanatory:

24 “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

39 “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! 40 Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.

Jesus Christ is the only name by which you may be saved. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one approaches the Father, except through a saving understanding of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for Salvation through your Son. Teach me to fear you as I should, and do not let me be deceived by the Devil, who comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I want to live in the Victorious Power of the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. Let me die to myself, take up my cross, and follow you daily that I may know this resurrection power and be found in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment