Thursday, February 8, 2007

Wisdom begs your hearing

Proverbs 8
This chapter is the proverbial Wisdom pleading for everyone to listen to her. I loosely interpret this as Christ calling sinners to repent and trust in Him for Salvation. I think it is summarized in the last couple of verses:
35 For whoever finds me finds life
and receives favor from the Lord.
36 But those who miss me injure themselves.
All who hate me love death.”

John 3
I just love it when you read text in different places in scripture, and it addresses the same topic. So, to go along with the aforementioned text, Jesus is speaking to Nicodemus when he says,
16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that
everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent
his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through
him."

Then, at the end of the third chapter, John the Baptist is speaking about Jesus when he says,

36 "And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who
doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s
angry judgment.”

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for saving me from death and giving me Life in the Spirit through your Son Jesus Christ. Please grow in me the desire to share your love with those around me, that they too would repent and turn to Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment