Sunday, February 4, 2007

Wisdom is Christ

Proverbs 4
Wow, this is great stuff! Verses 4-9 are particularly amazing. In verse 4, I read "my father," as "my Father," which puts an interesting twist on the following verses. It is kind of like God the Father is pointing us to the Son. In verse 5, He encourages us to learn the Mind of Christ and never forget the Word of Life (i.e., Christ Himself, John 1:1-5, 1 John 1:1-3). Verse 6 promises that if you don't turn your back on Christ, He will protect and guard you (e.g., Philippians 4:6-7). As verse 7 instructs, having Faith in Christ and knowing Him is the most important thing in your life (John 14:6)! Verse 8 tells us that if you prize and embrace wisdom, wisdom will honor you (Matt. 10:32). And I love the promise in verse 9:

"[Wisdom] will place a lovely wreath on your head; [Wisdom] will present
you with a beautiful crown."

which reminds me of a couple of other verses (Psalm 149:4, 2 Timothy 4:8, James 1:12).

Prayer

Lord Jesus, teach me to seek you and love you with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength. Please reveal yourself to me that I may know you and abide in your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment