Monday, February 19, 2007

feet

John 13
In a demonstration of humility and service, Jesus washed the disciples' feet. He concluded by saying:
12 After washing their feet, he put on his robe again and sat down and
asked, “Do you understand what I was doing? 13 You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’
and you are right, because that’s what I am. 14 And since I, your Lord and
Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. 15 I have
given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. 16 I tell you the
truth, slaves are not greater than their master. Nor is the messenger more
important than the one who sends the message. 17 Now that you know these things,
God will bless you for doing them.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, please teach me to be a servant. Please reveal the gifts of the Holy Spirit and show me how to use the gifts you've given me to your glory and to edify the Body of Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment