Wednesday, February 21, 2007

obedience and love

John 15
First of all, I'm amazed at the similarity of structure and content between John 14 and 15; their almost identical. Here's the summary:
1. Jesus and the Father are ONE
2. Jesus is the only access to the Father
3. If you have a personal relationship with Jesus, then you will obey Him. If you obey Jesus, you will remain in His love and the Father's love.
4. Jesus's command is to remain in Him (i.e., His love; He Is Love), obey Him, love others, and produce Fruit.
5. Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit as a personal guide and counselor
6. The world hates Jesus and disobeys Him

So the take home message is: you must have a personal relationship with Jesus (by Grace, through Faith), and you must obey Him (which will be evidenced by Fruit and love).

Prayer
Lord Jesus, help me abide/remain in You and Your Love. Help me obey you. Help me want to obey you. Help me love others. Give me the agape (eternal, perfect, complete, unconditional love) to give away. Help me love my wife to glorify You and the Father. Help me love those around me to glorify You and the Father. Thank you for being Immanuel ("God with us") through the Holy Spirit. Help me remember each moment that You are with me through the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment