Monday, February 12, 2007

Worthy Wife

Proverbs 12
Yesterday evening, my wife and I had the opportunity to renew our marriage vows at church, so verse four resonated with me this morning: "A worthy wife is a crown for her husband, but a disgraceful woman is like cancer in his bones." Praise the Lord, for He has given me a "worthy wife." Worthy, in this case, does not modify me, but her; that is, I would be most foolish to think she is "worthy" of me and my love. No, she is worthy of praise from me because of her faithfulness, love, compassion, kindness, mercy, forgiveness, grace, tenderness, and beauty (i.e., her attributes that identify her with our Heavenly Father).

Prayer
Lord Jesus, thank you for a "worthy wife" that seeks to demonstrate how the Church loves Christ. Thank you for your sanctifying work in her life, and for using our marriage to teach and grow us together in your image.

No comments:

Post a Comment