Tuesday, May 8, 2007

random thoughts

 
There is so much good stuff in these passages.  I am amazed that I actually get excited about reading the Bible.  I used to just do it out of duty (and sometimes that is still the case), but now it seems like every morning as I read, the pages come alive and God stirs my heart.  I truly think this is part of the abundant life Jesus spoke of.  I certainly don't have it all figured out - not by a long shot.  But I am excited about growing in Christ.  Perhaps for the first time in my life I really feel that not only am I on the team, but I'm actually in the game.  I am actively pursuing Christ instead of just drifting.  I suppose now I am figuring out how much work and discipline it takes to grow in Christ - it sure is easy to backslide.
 
Last night I was up late working on a school project, and I had prayed yesterday morning that God would help me have a good attitude about it because I knew it was going to be a lot of grueling work.  Well, I ended up having a great spiritual discussion with my project partner, and I hope that I showed him the love of Christ.
 
From the scriptures:  Proverbs 8: Wisdom (Christ) is calling out for me to listen and obey.  John 1: Jesus is the Son of God, Messiah, Christ, Lamb of God, very God, Light of the World, and Life.  1 Peter 4 and 5: When I am ready to suffer with Christ, then I have turned my back on sin.
 
Tonight at Bible study, we talked about God giving the elect to Christ (Eph. 1:4-5).  How humbling it is that God chooses us, justifies us, sanctifies us, does Good Works through us, glorifies us, and then rewards us for the things He did through us.  It's just amazing.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for choosing me.  I can't even begin to comprehend all of the complexity of your Perfect Will, but I sure am glad you chose me.  Jesus, I want you to be LORD of my life; I really want you to call the shots.  I want to deny myself, take up my cross, and follow you where ever you lead.  Lord, change my heart: take all that black, moldy, crusty stuff out of me and write your Law and Word on my heart. Turn my heart toward you, I beg you.  Deliver me from my sinful nature that does not obey.  Lord, please help me live a righteous life, only by your grace, and only for your glory.  I pray in the Powerful name of Jesus.  Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment