Friday, May 11, 2007

obedience

Prov. 11John 4I John 2I John 3

Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well that He was the Messiah and that true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. (It is interesting that the Holy Spirit lives inside us, and Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.)

1 John 2:3-6 clarifies this statement:
3We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

This is a simple statement, which is parallelled in John 15:9-10:
9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

It is fascinating that Jesus talks about giving living water as they are standing at the well. I am studying desalination because I want to use this opportunity of supplying people's physical need for water and telling them about the living water.

It is also amazing that Jesus tells His disciples that there are vast fields that are ready for harvest. I want to be one of those harvesters. Sign me up!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to worship you in spirit and in truth. I want to obey your commands. Lord, I want to know you and prove that I know you by walking like Jesus. Lord, teach me to remain in your love as I obey your commands. Jesus, please be the LORD of my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment