Monday, May 21, 2007

Jesus and the Father

 
I have recently been impressed with the significance of prayer.  I think I generally do not recognize the supernatural power at bay in my life because I don't ask of the Father.  Furthermore, I think I have just discovered an additional component of praying "in Jesus's Name."  It is not strictly that we have access to the throne-room of the Father through the spent blood of Christ, but we also pray "in Jesus's Name" because our true identity is in Christ, and sincere Christians are bent on doing His will (verse 13).
 
John 14:6-7
6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!"
 
John 14:12-14
12 "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!
 
John 14:15-17
15 "If you love me, obey my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself through your Son.  Jesus, thank you for showing me the way to the Father, and I praise you because you are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  Lord, please help me obey your commandments to show that I do love you.  Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth and live inside me.  I pray that you will glorify yourself through my life, even today.  I pray this in Jesus's name, because it was His death that redeemed me, and it is His life that is work inside me, for the glory of the Father.  Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment