Thursday, May 17, 2007

end of semester

 
The Lord carried me through the stressful end of the semester!  Praise the Lord!  He is so good to me, and He is so graceful and merciful to me.  One interesting story:  I knew that many people were praying for me for my final exams, which was very encouraging.  After I took my last final exam, I called my mom and told her that it was a very challenging exam, and I wasn't sure how well I did, but "I felt like I got the method right."  My mom was blown away because she said that morning when she and my dad prayed for me, she thought it was a peculiar thing for my dad to pray that I would "get the method right."
 
I spoke at the academic banquet at my high school; it went well.  I talked about the three stages of Satisfaction (success, self-sufficiency, and significance), and at the end of the speech I told them that you can only find true significance in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
 
God has carried me through so many collegiate semesters now (17 to be precise), and I am amazed at how He has led me along.  I pray that I will continue to demonstrate Proverbs 3:5-6:
 
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
      do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
      and he will show you which path to take.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you so much for being so kind and generous to me.  First of all, you have given me eternal salvation through the blood of your Son, Jesus Christ.  Lord, I pray that I will trust in you with all my heart and not be proud.  I pray that I will will seek your will in all I do, and I know that you will direct my paths.  Father, please glorify yourself, and may Jesus Christ receive honor and praise through my life.  Lord, please help me run with perseverance along the race you have marked out for me.  I pray in Jesus's name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment