Thursday, May 31, 2007

wonderful wife

 
I grew up with a hard-working mom that wasn't timid about getting her hands dirty (in fact, she grew up on a farm, so she grew up with a hard-working mom as well).  I guess I never consciously thought about it before I married, but now (and especially every time I read Proverbs 31) I am so amazed at how God blessed me with such a wonderful wife.
 
For instance, my wife and I painted the exterior of our house yesterday, and my mother-in-law volunteered to help us!  I am blessed to have a mother-in-law who, by her example and instruction, taught my wife to be a Proverbs 31 woman!  Praise the Lord!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with a wonderful wife who is becoming a Proverbs 31 woman.  Indeed, the scripture is true that such a woman is clearly a gift from you.  Lord, please help me honor her and cherish her as I should.  Please help me love her the way you want me to - as Christ loves the church.  Lord, I pray that you will be honored by my wife's character and our marriage as you continue to grow her into the Proverbs 31 woman.  I pray this in Jesus's Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment