Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Phil 4:13

 
I had a great conversation with my Brother (who is getting married on Saturday) last night about Philippians 4:13. 
 
13 For I can do everything through the one who gives me strength.
 
He asked me, "How literally are we to interpret this verse."  I told him that I think the "everything" is obviously bounded by God's preceptive (moral) will, and further constrained by His decretive (providential) will.  God will enable me to do "everything" that He has called me to do, in accordance with His will - so that He will receive glory!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please teach me to seek your will above all else and to trust that you will enable me to accomplish the objectives you have planned for me.  I pray that I will have a good attitude and that you will receive glory.  I pray in Jesus's name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment