Monday, May 7, 2007

path of enlightenment

 
Luke 24:28-32
28 By this time they were nearing Emmaus and the end of their journey. Jesus acted as if he were going on, 29 but they begged him, "Stay the night with us, since it is getting late." So he went home with them. 30 As they sat down to eat, he took the bread and blessed it. Then he broke it and gave it to them. 31 Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And at that moment he disappeared! 32 They said to each other, "Didn't our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?"
 
It is fascinating to me that it was along the road that the men came to understand Jesus and the Scriptures, and it was in a personal encounter when they recognized Him as Lord.  I recognized Christ as Lord of my life when I was 7 years old.  Since then, I have come to understand Him and the Scriptures as I live my life.  Christ is present with us as we travel the road of life, and He explains Himself and the Scriptures to us during our life experiences.  He especially reveals Himself to us during our struggles, for it is when we recognize our deficit of ability that we sincerely seek Him.  Also, we are examples of Christ to others when we suffer.
 
1 Peter 3:21 - For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered[ k] for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.
 
1 Peter 1:6-9
6 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. 7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.  8 You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. 9 The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing to me the identity of your Son, Jesus.  Lord, help me walk the path of enlightenment, that road that is full of twists and turns, bumps and pits.  For I know that you will be with me, and as I trust you with all my heart and do not rely on my own intuition, I know you will guide my steps.  Jesus, I pray that you will teach me who you are and explain the scriptures to me along my path, and I know you will use the pressures and struggles of this life to make me teachable and listen to you.  Lord, I want to know you and the power of your resurrection, so I am willing to die to myself, so that in You I may live.  I pray in Jesus's Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment