Sunday, May 6, 2007

farmer's patience & great exchange

 
The great exchange:  I should have been on that cross.  Barrabas represents me, an insurrectionist against God!
 
Luke 23:23-25
23But with loud shouts they insistently demanded that he be crucified, and their shouts prevailed. 24So Pilate decided to grant their demand. 25He released the man who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will.
 
I love it when the Bible talks about farmers!  (I grew up on a farm, as my blog name suggests).
 
7Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. 8You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. (James 5:7-8)
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for making a way for me.  Jesus, thank you for taking my place on the cross. You were innocent, but you took the punishment that I deserved so that I have freedom and eternal life.  Lord, help me stand firm and preach the nearness of Christ's return.  I pray in Jesus's name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment