Thursday, January 22, 2009

all the nations

Psalm 22, Proverbs 22

I'm working on re-memorizing Phil. 3:7-14 this week, and verse 10 says "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead."

As I read Psalm 22, I realize that my suffering is so small compared to Christ's suffering.

Yet, tucked away in all of this prophetic heartache of Christ's suffering is such a hopeful promise that I have often overlooked:

27 The whole earth will acknowledge the Lord and return to him.
      All the families of the nations will bow down before him.
28 For royal power belongs to the Lord.
      He rules all the nations.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you will help me see the beauty of Christ, the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings.  Lord, I pray that I will honor you in holy pursuit of you - worshiping you with my life.  Lord, I pray that you will help me act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with you today.  I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment