Tuesday, January 6, 2009

discipline

Psalm 6, Proverbs 6

Proverbs 6:23 For these commands are a lamp,
       this teaching is a light,
       and the corrections of discipline
       are the way to life,

Psalm 6:2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; ... 4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
       save me because of your unfailing love. ... 9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
       the LORD accepts my prayer.

His commands and teaching illuminate my mind, and discipline is how we stay on the way of Life in Christ.  Discipline is not easy.  I think "discipline" is closely related to "balance".  I am trying to be disciplined physical diet, exercise, and rest as well as in the spiritual disciplines I blogged a week ago.

He is good to us because He is good; it is His nature.  He defines love.  He is merciful; He hears our genuine prayers.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are good.  Your love endures forever because you are love.  Thank you for showing mercy to me; may I fear you, honor you, accept your discipline, and praise you as I walk in Grace and the Way.  May I worship you and delight in you all day.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment