Wednesday, January 28, 2009

joy

Psalm 28, Proverbs 28

One of the challenges that I have been wrestling with after the Perspectives class on Monday night is this concept, "Am I living a life that demonstrates faith, hope, love, and joy for God so that His reputation is improved by my life?"  That is, "Can other people see the wonderful person of God through the way I am living?"

Psalm 28: 6 Praise the Lord!
      For he has heard my cry for mercy.
 7 The Lord is my strength and shield.
      I trust him with all my heart.
   He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
      I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, you are so good, and your love endures forever!  It is your kindness, Lord, that leads us to repentance.  Lord, may I worship you with my life and prove that you are worthy of all praise, glory, and honor.  I pray that the faith, hope, love, and joy that you pour into my life will spill over and that others will see you and want you.  May you be honored today, and I pray that I will continue to grow in my relationship with you so that genuine songs of rejoicing will be spontaneous in me.  I love you, and I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment