Thursday, January 1, 2009

praying Psalms and Proverbs

Psalm 1, Proverbs 1

For the next five months I'm going to read one chapter of Psalms and one chapter of Proverbs each day and take the time to meditate and pray through them.  I know that I need much wisdom at this time in my life, and I need help developing a habit of praising the Lord.

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
       and on his law he meditates day and night.

Proverbs 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:

 2 for attaining wisdom and discipline;
       for understanding words of insight;

 3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life,
       doing what is right and just and fair;

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word which guides me and helps me know you.  I pray that you will give me wisdom and teach me to love you and praise you all day.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment