Monday, January 12, 2009

words

Psalm 12, Proverbs 12

Many of the verses in Proverbs 12 draw contrast between the content/value/effect of the words of the godly and the wicked.  I think the verse that succinctly captures the distinction is:

Proverbs 12:6 The words of the wicked are like a murderous ambush, but the words of the godly save lives.

This is something I need to work on.  I need to make sure that all of my speech is not only profitable but salvific.  That means my speech must include Christ, because He is our only Salvation.  And of course, the only way Truth is revealed is by the Holy Spirit.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I need you to save me from my destructive self.  Lord, I confess that I have spoken many hurtful and destructive things in my life.  Lord, please forgive me for the intentional as well as the careless things that I have spoken that did not honor you.  Lord, I pray that you will help me be considerate before I speak, and may I only speak according to the Holy Spirit.  I pray that my speech, even today, will honor you.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment