Thursday, January 8, 2009

knowing Him

Psalm 8, Proverbs 8

Psalm 8:1 O LORD, our Lord,
       how majestic is your name in all the earth!
       You have set your glory
       above the heavens.


His Name is Yahweh.  His name is Jesus.  His name is Holy Spirit.  How simple and powerful it is to call on His name:  "O Lord Jesus, I worship you.  Lord Jesus, I love you.  Lord Jesus, I need you.  Lord Jesus, fill me with your Holy Spirit." 

He has revealed Himself to us through creation and through Scripture.  In the personification of Wisdom (i.e., Christ) in Proverbs, He gives is this promise:

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. ... 34 Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. 35 For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, you are glorious and majestic.  Your Name deserves praise.  Lord, you are so kind and compassionate to care for humans, and you are so gracious to create us with the ability, not only to interact with you, but to be united with you in spirit.  Father, please help me seek you, and I trust that you will help me find you.  Lord, please fill me with your ZOE life!  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment