Wednesday, February 28, 2007

confess and forsake

Proverbs 28

Honesty and obedience are highly esteemed in this chapter, but it is verse 13 that rings out to me today:
13 People who conceal their sins will not
prosper, but if they confess and turn from
them, they will receive mercy.
which reminds me of 1 John 1:9:

9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us
our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

You see, the theology of the cross is counter-intuitive to this world, because the instinct is to hide our sin (e.g., Adam and Eve), but it is through the humble act of confession and pleading for mercy that God breaks our heart of stone and gives us a heart of flesh (Ez. 11:19).

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I confess to you that I am prideful and sinful. I am rebelious and dirty. Please forgive me and sanctify me; make me holy as You are holy. Lord, I want to honor you with my life - through honesty and obedience. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment