Tuesday, May 27, 2008

commit your work to Yahweh

 
I'm starting to get pretty stressed out about my presentation in Atlanta in two weeks.  My laboratory experimentation is semi-developed, but I'm not sure how to proceed.  I know I need to make some changes, but I'm not exactly sure how or when.  I also know I need to read a lot more literature on this subject before my presentation.  I shared this with the Brothers at prayer breakfast this morning, and Mitch prayed that I would cast all of my cares upon Him.  Ken gave me a lift to the bus stop, and he shared with me how he commits his workday to the Lord every morning because he knows that he can't get everything done that is on his work agenda. 
 
I took this to heart, and as I was sitting there waiting for the bus, I simply poured out my heart to the Lord about the seemingly insurmountable work looming ahead of me.  I felt some resolve, and as I sat down on the bus and began to eat my Spiritual Breakfast (i.e., my daily Scripture reading), I ran across these verses that cemented my Brothers' words of wisdom:
3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;
 6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will direct your paths.
 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
       fear the LORD and shun evil.
 
4:18 The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,
       shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
 I realize that my life is a work in progress.  I probably will always be short of where I think I should be (certainly where the world thinks I should be), but I need to be at peace with where the Lord has me.  As long as I am trusting Him and working for the Lord and not for men, then I must take refuge in not leaning on my understanding but acknowledging Him and fearing Yahweh.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for Brothers who pray for me and encourage me.  Thank you for speaking through them.  Thank you for speaking through your Word and addressing the needs that are pressing on my mind and heart.  I pray that you will shape my attitude so that it glorifies you and gives a testimony of holiness.  I pray that I will be faithful to forsake my own selfish way of doing things and fear and acknowledge you.  I pray that you will make me brighter and brighter until the day I meet you face to face.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, who shines brighter than the sun.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment