Monday, May 26, 2008

Wisdom

 
Observation -  King Solomon was a botanist and a zoologist:
4:33 He described plant life, from the cedar of Lebanon to the hyssop that grows out of walls. He also taught about animals and birds, reptiles and fish.
What is the purpose of Proverbs?  Why should we devote ourselves to study?  Why should we pursue Wisdom?
 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
 2 for attaining wisdom and discipline;
       for understanding words of insight;
 3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life,
       doing what is right and just and fair;
 4 for giving prudence to the simple,
       knowledge and discretion to the young-
 5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
       and let the discerning get guidance-
 6 for understanding proverbs and parables,
       the sayings and riddles of the wise.
 7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
       but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
The application of wisdom to your lifestyle - that is what it is for!  God allows us to grow in wisdom so that we may fear Him and live holy lives.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you that you are the source of all knowledge and wisdom.  Lord, I ask you to teach me to fear you that I would desire to know you and live my life according to your desire.  Please give me prudence and discipline.  I pray that my life will be an example of a wise person.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, your Wisdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment