Monday, May 12, 2008

Yahweh is my refuge

 
I have a professional presentation coming up in about a month, and I am beginning to grow quite nervous.  I need to perform much literature review and many laboratory experiments.  I have a final exam tomorrow for a rigorous course.  I confess that I have become anxious about these things, which is unbiblical.  Rather, my heart should echo the Psalmist's attitude:
55:16 But I call to God,
       and the LORD saves me. 
 17 Evening, morning and noon
       I cry out in distress,
       and he hears my voice. 
 18 He ransoms me unharmed
       from the battle waged against me,
       even though many oppose me.
 22 Cast your cares on the LORD
       and he will sustain you;
       he will never let the righteous fall.
 
61:1 Hear my cry, O God;
       listen to my prayer. 
 2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
       I call as my heart grows faint;
       lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 
 3 For you have been my refuge,
       a strong tower against the foe. 
 4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
       and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
       Selah 
 5 For you have heard my vows, O God;
       you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
 
62:1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
       my salvation comes from him. 
 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
       he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
 
63:1 O God, you are my God,
       earnestly I seek you;
       my soul thirsts for you,
       my body longs for you,
       in a dry and weary land
       where there is no water. 
 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
       and beheld your power and your glory. 
 3 Because your love is better than life,
       my lips will glorify you.
I will meditate on these prayers and make them my own.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I confess my anxiousness.  Please forgive me for being worried about the scholastic and professional challenges that are coming up.  Lord, I give you my life, and I give you my time.  I pray that you will give me balance and discernment.  Lord, I pray that you will honor yourself as you guide me.  May I be obedient to your leadership.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment