Friday, May 23, 2008

temple, part 3

 
A few observations from 1 Kings 8:15-21:
  1. King Solomon gives credit to Yahweh for constructing His temple, which is analogous to the fact that it is God who builds the Church.
  2. Yahweh received praise for the constructing His temple, which is analogous to God receiving praise from the construction of the Church.
  3. King David was commended by Yahweh for desiring to build Him a temple, which is analogous to each Believer having a heart to serve and build the Church.
  4. Yahweh inhabited the temple with His presence, which is analogous to Him filling the Church with His Holy Spirit.
According to 2 Chronicles 5:13, we will give praise and thanks to Yahweh, and we will for eternity sing:
"He is good;
  his love endures forever."
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for your good plan and your good work.  I desire to be a part of your good work; please use me as you construct your Church.  May I be shapeable, pliable, and useful to you as you glorify yourself in the construction of the Church.  I pray that you will purify me and open my eyes to see where you are working.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment