Friday, May 16, 2008

lineage

 
Whew!  That's a lot of names.
 
Last night I went to help an older lady move some stuff from her storage garage to her new apartment, and the Lord used that situation to make me aware of a few things.  First, I am so blessed to have Christian parents who taught me the Scriptures from an early age and led me to a knowledge of a person and work of Jesus Christ.  Consequently, I am extremely fortunate to have trusted Christ with my life at such an early age.  Naturally then, it makes sense that I should be a leader in the church - I've had a while for the Lord to grow my faith and obedience.  Not everyone has that opportunity to learn about Christ as the grow up.
 
I was also reminded of how simple obedience and service can make such a big difference in someone's life.  You don't have to be a preacher or an evangelist to have an impact on people for the Kingdom, you just have to obey God.  When He gives you an opportunity to serve people, if you do it in a spirit of Christ's love, then He will make an impact on them through you.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you will guide me to a closer walk with you.  Thank you for the wonderful heritage I have in Christ through my family and my wife's family.  Lord, I pray that you will help me continue to grow and pursue you.  Please turn my heart toward you and give me a right attitude before you.  I pray that my life will glorify you.  I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment