Thursday, May 22, 2008

temple, part 2

 
As I mentioned yesterday, I think the construction of the temple is symbolic of the constitution of a human being and symbolic for the construction of the church.  I believe Man has three parts (body, soul/mind, and spirit) that are analogous to the portico, main hall, and inner sanctuary (Holy of Holies) of the temple (which was similar in construction to the tabernacle).  The spirit is where the Holy Spirit of God resides (at justification), and He operates inside us to regenerate our soul/mind (through sanctification), and finally, our body is regenerated (glorification).
 
The construction of the temple is also symbolic of the construction of the Church.  God will be glorified at the completion of the Church.  From Psalm 127:
 1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
       its builders labor in vain.
       Unless the LORD watches over the city,
       the watchmen stand guard in vain.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you will build me into the temple you want.  I pray that you will construct and demolish according to your plan for my life; I want to be exactly what you want me to be.  I pray that you will use me as you build your Church.  Please use me to advance the Kingdom; I want to seek first your Kingdom and your righteousness.   Please guide me to work according to your will.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment