Friday, May 9, 2008

knowing Yahweh

Psalm 3, 4, 11, 12, 23, 26, 36; 2 Samuel 16:1-14

Thirty four times.  I counted King David invoking the name of Yahweh thirty four times in the passages I read today.  Do you think David knew Who He Is?  Do you think, just maybe, that King David had a heart-to-heart relationship with Yahweh?

From David's confession in Psalm 36 of his experience with Yahweh:

5 Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
       your faithfulness to the skies.

 6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
       your justice like the great deep.
       O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.

 7 How priceless is your unfailing love!
       Both high and low among men
       find refuge in the shadow of your wings.

 8 They feast on the abundance of your house;
       you give them drink from your river of delights.

 9 For with you is the fountain of life;
       in your light we see light.

 10 Continue your love to those who know you,
       your righteousness to the upright in heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, your love is infinite. Your holiness and perfection are infinite.  The value of your love and compassion is infinite.  You are the source of life.  Lord, I pray that you will fill me with your Zoe life; may I see and walk by your light.  Please continue to reveal yourself to me and fill me with your righteousness.  "Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Yahweh."  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment