Saturday, May 3, 2008

tough week

 
I can really feel the adversity.  In addition to it being the last week of classes this semester, this past week also included a sore throat and mild depression.  I know, I shouldn't be depressed, but you know what, sometimes it happens and it's hard to shake off.  It's like evergreen tree sap, it stinks and you want to get it off, but you just can't get it off your skin.
 
Like most people, I've done a lot of stupid stuff in my life.  I wish I hadn't.  I am forced to wrestle with consequences from some of those poor choices, even today.
 
Peering into the life and mind of King David reassures me that Yahweh is good, He is merciful, and He will give me the victory after I have humbly confessed and repented of my sins and sought His will for my life.
 
The verses that I really meditated on today was:
51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
       and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
 
103:1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
       all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

 2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
       and forget not all his benefits-

 3 who forgives all your sins
       and heals all your diseases,

 4 who redeems your life from the pit
       and crowns you with love and compassion,

 5 who satisfies your desires with good things
       so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am a broken man.  I am sinful and confused.  I have a poor understanding of who I am and who you are.  I don't know where I am going.  I pray that you will clean me up, and show me the road to travel.  Lord, I beg you to wash me whiter than snow and give me pure motives.  I want to serve you with all of my heart, and I can't do that apart from your Grace.  Please be merciful to me, and kindly lead me.  Please save my life from destruction.  I pray that you will be glorified in me.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment