Monday, January 14, 2008

another Messianic prophecy

Job 32-34
 
One of my goals this year is to really focus in on the Messianic prophecies sprinkled throughout the Old Testament.  Here again, in Job 33, is another proof of Jesus:
 23 "But if an angel from heaven appears—
      a special messenger to intercede for a person
      and declare that he is upright—
 24 he will be gracious and say,
   'Rescue him from the grave,
      for I have found a ransom for his life.'
 25 Then his body will become as healthy as a child's,
      firm and youthful again.
 26 When he prays to God,
      he will be accepted.
   And God will receive him with joy
      and restore him to good standing.
 27 He will declare to his friends,
   'I sinned and twisted the truth,
      but it was not worth it.
 28 God rescued me from the grave,
      and now my life is filled with light.'
 29 "Yes, God does these things
      again and again for people.
 30 He rescues them from the grave
      so they may enjoy the light of life.
What Great News!  We were separated from God because of our sin, but Jesus Christ, the Redeemer and Anointed Messenger, has rescued us from the eternal grave and put us on a new path of enjoying the Light of Life!
 
One such enjoyment is when God calls you to do something, and you obey.  Yesterday was my first Sunday as a full-time Bible study teacher.  I'm excited!  I know that God is going to grow me tremendously, and I hope that He does amazing things in the lives of my Brothers and Sisters in the class.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for the Grace and Mercy you offer through the Lord Jesus Christ.  Thank you for not only rescuing us from damnation but restoring us to a new life with you, full of joy, peace, and love.  God, I pray that you will grow me and my class.  I pray that you will whittle me to exactly what you want me to be.  I pray that I will be a good teacher, only speaking your words of Truth.  Lord, please bless me now.  Lord, please give me strength and discipline as I start this semester today.  I pray this in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment