Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lordship attributes

 
45:5 ... It was God who sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives.
 
Joseph is a picture of Christ.  The Father sent His Son to suffer and then sit down at the right hand of the throne of God.  He did this so that you and I could be saved from spiritual starvation.  From the perspective of the theologian John Frame, it is a demonstration of His "Lordship attribute" of control; He is able to save, and He does save.
 
I also think it's cool that God confirmed Jacob's move from Canaan to Egypt (46:2-4).  This is not only a confirmation of God's prophecy to Abraham in Genesis 15 (thus demonstrating His Lordship attribute of authority), but it is also a demonstration of His Lordship attribute of presence.  It is so comforting to know that our God intervenes in our lives, and He speaks to us.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your Son Jesus to suffer the Cross - your obedient Servant.  Lord, I praise you for your goodness.  I praise you for the way you were tender with Jacob, that you comforted him and assured him.  Lord, I pray that you will speak to me.  Please give me guidance; I am lost without you.  I am nothing apart from you.  Lord, I want to abide in you; please abide in me.  I pray this in the name of the True Vine, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment