Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cain and Abel as types

 
Cain and Abel each bring offerings to God.  God accepts Abel's but rejects Cain's.  Despite God's warning, Cain gets mad and kills Abel.
 
Cain is a type of humanity.  He knew what God expected, but he tried to go to God on his own merits (which God does not except).  God accepts FAITH and OBEDIENCE.  Instead, he let sin have him.
 
Abel is a type of Christ.  He knew God's will and did it.  He was OBEDIENT with the right attitude.
 
Cain is a further type of humanity in that he (humanity) killed Abel (Christ).  The sinful one killed the Obedient One.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your son to live a completely obedient life and die for my sin.  Lord Jesus, thank you for offering your righteous life to pay the penalty for my sin, so that I might become the righteousness of God.  I pray that I will live a life of faith and obedience in step with the Spirit.  I pray this in the name of the perfectly rightous ONE, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment