Wednesday, January 30, 2008

meeting with Pastor

I had a wonderful meeting with the Pastor of our congregation this afternoon.  I posed a couple of theological questions and a few practical/lifestyle questions.  He confirmed several of my theological conclusions, which I believe are now not regurgitated doctrines, but internalized, tested, and approved.  To be academically honest, I momentarily suspended the beliefs taught to me as a child and tested them against Scripture, and I feel like, even though what I now believe is very similar to what I was taught, it is genuinely "my own" theology, in as much as anything could be "mine".
 
The main point that I came away with regarding the practical questions of financial and time stewardship is that we must keep a balance, closely in-tune with the Holy Spirit.  We must live our lives in awareness and appreciation of the presence of God.  The passage he directed me to was 2 Timothy 2:15-22 about working to live a life of purity and approval of the LORD (which is another confirmation in itself - I chose 2 Timothy 2:22 as the mission statement verse for the Bible Life Group we started a few weeks ago!).
 
Praise the LORD for Pastors who care for the people in their flock.  Praise the LORD for speaking through His Scriptures and His servants.  Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment