Wednesday, January 9, 2008

prophetic dialogue

 
I really enjoy the Messianic prophecies in Job.  Maybe it's because of their stark contrast to all the doom and gloom, but I just think it is fantastic that we see so many Messianic prophecies between the protoevangelion in Genesis 3 and the Abrahamic covenant in Genesis 12.  Jesus is the central theme of all of Scripture, and it is so sweet to find Him every morning:
16:19 Even now my witness is in heaven.
      My advocate is there on high.
 20 My friends scorn me,
      but I pour out my tears to God.
 21 I need someone to mediate between God and me,
      as a person mediates between friends.
 22 For soon I must go down that road
      from which I will never return.
Job 18:5-21 reminds me of Psalm 1.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are the same yesterday, today, and forever - you are the unchanging, "I AM"!  Lord Jesus, thank you for being my mediator to the Father; you are my friend.  Thank you for giving me hope and assurance of salvation beyond the grave.  Lord, I pray that you will use me to show others that Jesus is the mediator between God and man.  I pray this in His mighty name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment