Saturday, January 26, 2008

obedience

 
I attended a retreat this weekend with about 50 men from our church, and the emphasis of the retreat was implementing evangelism and discipleship strategies through activities that men enjoy (like golf, hunting, fishing, running, etc.).  After a great message from our Pastor last night and wonderful prayer time, I was excited about reading my Bible this morning, and I prayed for the LORD to speak to me.
 
I was blown away by 35:1-10.  God told Jacob to go to Bethel.  He told his family to purify themselves for their trip.  The fear of the LORD fell on those around them as they travelled through, and Jacob built an altar to the LORD at Bethel and worshiped Him.  "God appeared to him again and blessed him,"  and God changed his name to Israel.
 
Application: When the LORD gives us direction, we must purify ourselves and obey.  When we have worshiped with obedience, He will reveal Himself to us, and we will find our identity in Him.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for this wonderful weekend of spiritual renewal.  Thank you, LORD, for speaking through your Word to me this morning.  Lord, I pray that I will obey you in faithful purity - that I will offer myself as a holy and pleasing sacrifice in faithful obedience through the grace of your Son.  Lord, please reveal yourself to me, and may I find my true identity in You.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment